‘Round these parts, pasta is a fan favorite. It’s an easy one pot meal and the family devours it every time. I have tested my fair share of recipes but found one trick to making all pasta sauces ( whether from the jar, or from scratch) delicious. That secret ingredient is (drumroll) CREAM CHEESE! Yeap, you read right, cream cheese. Just a dollop, or two, of this bad boy will smooth out your flavors and make this classic dish a hit.
You can add cream cheese to your favorite pasta sauce recipe or you can follow mine:
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken Sausage
- 16 oz. Jar Pasta Sauce
- 8 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons CREAM CHEESE
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground chicken sausage in skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil
- Drain any excess oil
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet
- Bring to a Boil, and then turn to a simmer
- Simmer for about 30 Minutes to “marry” the flavors
Voila, you have a delicious Pasta Sauce!