I recently attended a vision board party and I absolutely loved it. This was the first time that I did a vision board and I can’t speak more good things about it. Before I started to put pen to paper, I was asked several thought provoking questions about where I wanted to be in the short and long term. It forced me to really think critically about what I want and where I see myself .
After spending a few hours pondering on my very existence (yes, it got that deep) I came to the realization that no matter what I put on the board I would inevitably become more focused just by doing this activity. I began to snip, and paste the vision that I have that I have for me and my family.
Now, when I happen to glance at my vision board I don’t even have to read it to know the goals that I want to accomplish. Just the act of verbalizing and visualizing my goals has imprinted it in my brain. This is a great activity to do with friends and family. It was great to bounce ideas off of others. I would even encourage kids to make one too.
1. If I could invent the future, what would I create for myself?
2. At the end of my life, what will be my greatest accomplishment?
3. What mission in life absolutely inspires me?
4. What is my burning passion, what am I truly passionate about?
5. What work do I find absorbing, engaging and truly enjoy?
6. How will my work, career or business enable me to live those dreams?
7. What would my ideal or perfect day look like?
8. If someone were to describe me, what words would I want them to use?
9. If I had a magic wand and could change any one thing about my life, what would I change?
10. If I knew failure wasn’t an option, what would I attempt to achieve or do with my life?